Whatever the weather, the Manchester Beer and Cider Festival (MBCF) is the North’s biggest beer crawl. Safely protected from the winter, the Manchester Central hosts the January drinkers’ treat for the fourth year.
2019 will mark the 50th anniversary since the former rail station saw its last locomotive. With 750 or so different drinks, there’s bound to be something to whet all whistles.
The festival is a great way to ‘Tryanuary’ – a drinkers’ response to the killjoys promoting Dry January. This campaign from our neighbouring region aims to inspire people to seek out and try new beers in what is often a slow month for the trade. The festival beer and cider orderers never disappoint with a selection which will feature specially commissioned beers, collaborations and ales rarely, if ever, seen in the Northwest.
The festival will be open to the public from Thursday 24th to Saturday 26th January 2019. Full details can be found on the festival’s website.
- Wednesday 23rd: 5pm – 9pm (preview session for CAMRA & SPBW members – Free Entry to members
- Thursday 24th: Noon – 10.30pm
- Friday 25th: Noon – 10.30pm
- Saturday 26th: Noon – 7pm
PRICES HELD FOR SECOND YEAR IN A ROW.
- Thursday 24th January 2019: £4 + £3 glass hire (refundable)
- Friday 25th January 2019: £7 + £3 glass hire (refundable)
- Saturday 26th January 2019: £7 + £3 glass hire (refundable)
Senior citizens, Armed Forces (including British Legion), Emergency Services Personnel, NHS Staff, Full Time Students with valid identification, £1 off all sessions. Max one discount per entry.
Advance tickets are available from 9am on Monday 1st August. Click here to purchase.
- Weds 23rd 5pm – 9pm. FREE Entry (£3 glass deposit on entry) [CAMRA Members and Society For Preservation of Beers From The Wood (SPBW) Members only preview session]
- Thursday 24th FREE entry (£3 glass deposit on entry)
- CAMRA Members attending Friday / Saturday will pay full price but will receive £4 beer tokens